We are working on improving the address field. In the meantime, here are work-arounds for common issues.
Blurred_latitude Cannot be Blank
When you get the latitude and longitude cannot be blank error, it means Google has not located the address on the map. You can see that Google hasn't located the address because no pin appears on the map. Without that pin, the system is looking for a lat/lon behind the scenes and can't find it.
Solution: Type the address, city, state, and zip into the "Address" line, and click on the correct Google suggestion. That should solve the problem. As long as you see a pin on the map, you will not experience this error.
Google Cannot Find the Address
No geocoder is perfect, and Google does not know all addresses. If you cannot find an address, ask the person to give you a nearby street address.
- Type the nearby address, city, state, and zip into the "Address" line, and click on the correct Google suggestion. A pin should appear on the map.
- Drag the pin to the correct location.
- Update the address line to the the correct address.
Google Guesses Wrong
If you accidentally save a pin and you know it is in the wrong location (or if you come across a pin in the wrong location), submit a trouble ticket and include:
- The Case number (e.g. "W1876")
- The Incident (e.g. "Hurricane Michael")
- If you can find the correct location, a Google Maps link to the correct location.